Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Here are my expectations:
1. Follow the steps of how one would go about conducting a survey.
1. First state the research question.
2. List your independent and dependent variables
3. List your hypothesis
4. Provide details about the type of survey that you intend to carry out to answer your research question.
5. Develop the questionnaire with a maximum of 10 questions. Arrange the questions in the order you will be asking your respondents these questions. You need to include your questionnaire in your report. My personal opinion for this survey is that it is better to ask questions without open ended responses. Open ended questions take time to analyze. Give the respondent options on what responses you are looking for such as: Yes/No; Sometimes, most of the time or all of the time etc.
The issue with giving a response choice with more than 2 answers to a survey such as this is that when you are analyzing, you have to collapse the responses. For example lets say you have a response scale for measuring satisfaction: Very Satisfied, Satisfied, Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied (Neutral), Dissatisfied, and Very Dissatisfied. Ultimately if you want to know if the respondent is satisfied or dissatisfied you have to code the 3 responses in the middle to either satisfied or dissatisfied. But I leave you to decide what answer options you want to provide.
6. Decide how you are going to administer the questionnaire (face-face, mail, telephone, Internet etc.) Using the questionnaire you developed in #5 above, interview at least 5 respondents (your family, friends, co-workers or fellow students are ok for this survey. Given the short period of time we have here use which ever survey administration method that is most convenient for you.
7. Present your results descriptively and in a tabular format where possible. Make sure to include this as part of the report.
8. Based on your survey what can you say about your hypothesis?
9. Prepare a research report along the outline listed below:
Please make sure you write a report and please do not write down the suggested topics below and try to do a question and answer presentation. I want a proper report.
Guidelines for the research Report:
Cover page – Include the class name, your name, topic you are discussing etc.
Introduction – Please try to write a short paragraph or two about the topic and try to incorporate some literature on voting and advertisements.
List research question — Do political advertisements influence who you vote for?
List Independent and dependent variables
Type of survey that you intend to carry out to answer your research question.
How you went about developing the questionnaire
How you administered the questionnaire
Present your results
Discuss your results: Present a table with the results (How many people said X and how many said Y etc.)
Here is a sample table to present the results:
Number of Responses
Total Number of Respondents Percent Responded
Are you a registered voter?
• No Yes (15)
No (0) Yes – 100%
No – 0%
Do you follow politics?
• No Yes (11)
No (4) Yes – 73.33%
No – 26.66%
Then discuss your results in one or two paragraphs.
Example: All respondents reported that they are registered voters. Of the 15 respondents, 73% (11 respondents) said that they follow politics while 4 respondents (27%) said that they do not.
Through this discussion you can arrive at your conclusions. Based on your survey what can you say about your hypothesis?
Do political advertisements influence who you vote for?
You are requested to design and carryout a mini survey to answer the research question above.