Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
On August 6, 2010, HP announced that CEO Mark Hurd, widely credited with turning the troubled company around, was resigning. The reason for his resignation? According to HP’s statement, the company’s general counsel had conducted an investigation into Hurd and found that he had not violated the company’s sexual harassment policy. It made no sense, and investors and the media were very confused by why Hurd was leaving.
On August 9, CNBC reported that Hurd would collect between $34 million and $40 million in severance payments.
On September 6, Hurd joined Oracle, HP’s rival, as co-president. Investors at HP were outraged. The next day, HP sued Oracle and asked the court for an injunction to prevent Hurd from starting at his new job. Two weeks later the companies settled, and Hurd kept his new job at Oracle.
Ten days after the lawsuit settled, HP named Leo Apotheker, former CEO of German software giant SAP, as CEO of HP. He was fired just one year later, after HP stock had fallen drastically during his tenure, with a multi-million dollar severance package. Meg Whitman, HP board member and former eBay CEO, became HP’s CEO. By the time Whitman began as CEO, HP stock had lost nearly half its value between Hurd’s departure and Whitman’s arrival.
Write a paper to argue how this case study is an example of the harm that is caused by not planning. Re-compose this case study using the three types of planning: strategic, operational and tactical.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
· Write 3 – 5 pages using Microsoft Word in APA style.
· Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
· Include cover page and reference page.
· At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
· No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
· Use an appropriate number of references to support your position, and defend your arguments.
· Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.